The purpose of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to support the mission of Athletics by providing a forum in which student-athletes and administrators can enhance the athletics experience at SIUE for the student-athletes, the campus community, and the community-at-large through the examination of mutual interests and concerns. The committee is comprised of a representative and an alternate representative from each athletic team and athletic administrators. This group of student-athletes meets monthly.
OVC SAAC Rep:
Baseball: Mario Tursi and Mike Shereyk
Men's Basketball: Jalen Henry
Women's Basketball: Gwen Adams and Micah Jones
Women's Cross Country: Allie Sweat
Men's Cross Country: Matt O'Connor
Men's Golf: Spencer Underwood and Austin Glendinning
Men's Soccer: Jason Hackett and TC Hull
Women's Soccer: Alexandra Johnson and Emily Grahl
Softball: Haley Adrian and Ashley Koziol
Women's Tennis: Mia Frogner and Ann-Christine Link
Men's Track and Field: Julian Harvey and Ezekiel Clerk
Women's Track and Field: Brittney Gibbs, Megan Lauzon, Lizzie Virgl and Claire Nolan
Volleyball: Emily Harrison and Taylor Joens
Wrestling: Angelo Silvestro and Jake Tindle
Spring Semester MEETINGS:
Tuesday, February 7th
Tuesday, March 14th
Tuesday, April 4th
UPCOMING HIGHLIGHT EVENTS:
Wrestling: Saturday, January 21st @ 5pm vs. Chattanooga
Softball: Sunday, March 26th @ 1pm & 3pm vs. Belmont
Women's Tennis: Saturday, April 8th @ 2pm vs Murray State
Baseball: Friday, April 21st @ 6pm vs UT Martin
Men's Track and Field: TBD
Women's Track and Field: TBD
STUDENT-ATHLETE ADVISORY COMMITTEE HANDBOOK:
- Raised over $500 as part of an OVC wide initiative to send local military veterans to the OVC Basketball Championships in Nashville, TN. The fundraising efforts resulted in SIUE send a local veteran to the championship.
- Earned first place finish in a campus wide Homecoming Spirit Week Competition.
- Collected hundreds of toiletries to be donated to a local women's shelter as part of the e Toiletry Frenzy.
- Collected over 700 cans and $575 that were donated to a local food pantry in Collinsville, IL.
- Hosted over 140 children from the community in a Kids Night Out event.