Posted: Nov 19, 2019
Complete Game Notes
SIUE Cougars (1-3, 0-0 OVC)
vs. Saint Louis Billikens (3-1, 0-0 Atlantic 10)
Wed., Nov. 20, 7 p.m. CT
Edwardsville, Ill. | First Community Arena at the Vadalabene Center
Live Stats: SIUEstats.com
Live Video: ESPN+
Live Radio: WSIE FM 88.7 (Brad Barnes)
Live Audio: www.SIUECougarNetwork.com
ABOUT TODAY'S OPPONENT
• Saint Louis is coming off its first loss of the season, a 62-50 defeat at Vanderbilt.
• Rachel Kent is the team's leading scorer at 14.5 points per game.
• Myriama Smith Traore is tops on the team in rebounding at 10.5 per game, which is one-fourth of all of SLU's rebounds this season.
LAST TIME OUT
• Despite holding Nebraska to just four points in the second period Sunday, the Cornhuskers used a strong third period offensively to push past SIUE 63-49.
• SIUE's defense held Nebraska to 1 of 13 shooting in the second period (7.7 percent).
• Three of the next four games are in First Community Arena at the Vadalabene Center. After tonight's game, SIUE travels to Missouri for a 2 p.m. tipoff Sunday. The Cougars begin the month of December with home games against Purdue Fort Wayne (Dec. 4) and Loyola (Dec. 8).
• Junior forward Zaria Whitlock is the team's leading shooter from the field, hitting 13 of 19 shots (68.4 percent).
• SIUE is ranked 53rd nationally in free throw attempts with 83 through four games.
• Alek Akuen recorded a career high three blocks in the loss at Nebraska.
• Allie Troeckler grabbed three steals at Nebraska and has now had three or more steals 10 times in her collegiate career.
• Coach Paula Buscher announced the signing of 6-5 Tori Hamilton (Paris, Missouri) and 6-2 Madison Webb (Bedford, Indiana), who will join the Cougars next season.
• Bria Stallworth leads three SIUE players averaging double figures in scoring. Stallworth is scoring at a 10.8 clip per game. Troeckler and Christen King each are averaging 10.0 points per game.
• SIUE has shown the ability to get into the passing lane. Seven different players have swiped at least five steals so far this season.
• Stallworth has posted the team's best plus-minus statistic for a single game with 20 vs. Evansville.
• SIUE heads to Columbia, Missouri, Sunday for a 2 p.m. contest against the Missouri Tigers.